The COVID-19 pandemic has put immense pressure on health systems across the world by stretching them to work beyond their capacity. Interestingly, the response of the medical and healthcare industry has vividly demonstrated their ability and resilience to bring out-of-the-box innovations to market quickly. For a while, hospitals and clinics offering dentistry services took the plunge but they are now back, offering inspiring examples of oral hygiene services and delivery model innovations.
1. Dental Implant and Oral Hygiene :-
Everyone wants to have a fresh-smelling breath and a pearly white smile but we often underestimate the importance of oral hygiene and significance of a healthy mouth. While there are hundreds of options for tooth replacement, dental implants are recommended by dentists across the world to restore smiles. This is not just because dental implants have the unique and unmatched ability to quickly and seamlessly fuse to the living bone but also because they are designed to feel and look like a natural tooth. Moreover, dental implants help you speak, eat, and smile with complete confidence as they never shift or slip like removable dentures usually do.
One of the biggest advantages of dental implants is that they are resistant to wear and tear and are durable to last for a lifetime. Furthermore, you don’t have to overhaul your oral hygiene routine for accommodating the new tooth when you get a dental implant. You can keep your natural teeth and dental implants protected from decay with brushing, flossing and rinsing on a regular basis.
- Next Best Thing To Your Natural Teeth. Dental implants are admired by millions of people as they feel and look just like natural teeth. Moreover, they don’t result in bone or tooth deterioration and don’t interfere with smiling, speaking, eating and performing other activities of everyday life.
- Provides a Long-Term Solution. Dental implants are superior options compared to tooth-supported, traditional dental bridges that usually last for just 5-10 years and may cause additional tooth loss. Dental implants are durable and can last for a lifetime with proper care.
- Improves Confidence. With dental implants, you don’t have to feel uncomfortable, worried, or embarrassed that your teeth may fall out when you talk, smile, or eat. This helps you in regaining your confidence and smile.
- Maintain Your Smile and Face. Dental implants help in maintaining the contour of your face by maintaining the structure of your jawbones.
- Prevents Bone Deterioration. Tooth loss can result in additional health issues such as the deterioration and loss of jawbones. A bone may deteriorate and lose its shape and strength if the missing tooth is not replaced with a dental implant.
2. Everyday Tips For Oral Hygiene :-
Oral hygiene begins with clean and healthy teeth. Follow these simple and easy tips on how to maintain oral hygiene.
- Brush Twice a Day. It is important for you to brush your teeth with a soft-bristled toothbrush and fluoride toothpaste for two minutes. It is also important to clean your tongue with a tongue scraper or toothbrush every time you brush. You may try a battery-operated or electric toothbrush to minimise plaque. Ideally, you should brush your teeth gently with circular and short back-and-forth motions. Moreover, you should always rinse the toothbrush with water and store it in an upright position. The toothbrush should be allowed to air dry before it is used again. You should replace your toothbrush every 3 months or earlier if the bristles become irregular.
- Flossing is Important For Oral Hygiene. You should break off approximately 46 cm (18 inches) of dental floss and then wind the majority of the floss around one hand’s middle finger and the rest around the other hand’s middle finger. You should ideally grip the floss tightly between the thumbs and forefingers.
- Visit The Dentist Regularly. It is important for you to regularly undergo dental examinations and not just when you are experiencing pain or discomfort. Regular checkups can help you prevent oral health complications such as infections. Remember, early detection and treatment of complications of the teeth, gums, and mouth can ensure a lifetime of good oral hygiene and health.
By following these tips on how to maintain oral hygiene, you can regain your lost beautiful smile.
If you want to have a complete set of pearly whites again, find out how to maintain oral hygiene, and regain your smile and confidence, you may contact Dr. Sahni’s Dental Clinic. The clinic is one of the leading providers of dental implant solutions to keep your smile healthy and confident. Dr. Sahni’s Dental Clinic looks forward to helping you understand how to maintain oral hygiene and restore your smile!